- Contract Job
- Initial 6 month contract
- FIFO from Perth 8:6 roster
Mechanical Engineer required for Maintenance Support on a WA Iron Ore mine. $70-85/h + super
Your new company
A WA based Iron Ore company are requiring a Maintenance Engineer for their Pilbara operations.
Your new role
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Minimise production downtime by investigating failure events and taking actions to prevent recurrence;
- Maximise the profitability of the operations by optimising high cost maintenance processes;
- Review engineering specification and drawings, build design modification to improve plant reliability;
- Optimise Original Equipment Manufacture proposals for reliability program and submits evaluation for decision, including life cycle cost.
- Develop maintenance strategy and tactics, using Failure Mode and Effect Analysis and RCM
- Develop budgets, portfolios/programs/projects and business improvement initiatives;
- Perform problem solving investigations e.g. root cause analysis, fault tree analysis, fish diagram, etc.
- Support the Superintendent A&I on the effective application of the processing change management process.
- Enhance performance by providing strong and clear leadership and mentoring of maintenance and production staff;
- Oversee maintenance strategy development and other critical processes as directed;
- Provide support to the Maintenance Departments from day to day running of the operation to longer term planning.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience in maintenance strategy development and improvement
- Mechanical knowledge of wear management, hydraulics, piping & conveyor systems
- Root Cause Analysis and defect elimination
What you'll get in return
You will be offered the opportunity to work with an industry leading company on an initial 6 month contract with permanent possibilities. You will be FIFO from Perth on an 8:6 roster and will be offered an hourly rate of $70-85 /hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.