To perform safety and security services for the New South Wales Police Force (NSWPF) in an ethical, efficient and cost effective manner for all Academy sites, facilities and persons therein.
- Perform safety and security services to the NSWPF Academy, inclusive of mobile and foot patrols.
- Respond to and report breaches of safety and or security and take appropriate action via the chain of command.
- Emergency management facilitation which includes the monitoring of alarm systems, investigation upon activation with appropriate action.
- Accurate and timely record making in relation to duties, incidents, located property and messages.
- Administration of facility passes, firearm lockers, accommodation keys, switchboard/reception duties for the NSWPF Academy as required.
- Reporting and recording of maintenance issues through Campus Management Unit.
- Balance workload with competing priorities ensuring security and customer service objectives are met.
- Carry out a wide range of varied duties, ensuring safety, vigilance, accuracy and integrity are foremost.
JOB NOTES: Essential requirements - applicants must:
- Security Officer Grade 2
- Temporary Full-Time up to 12 months
- hold a current driver’s licence with no traffic offences recorded on their driving history within the last six (6) months or NSW Police Force Bronze Certification;
- hold a current Security licence; and
- hold a current First Aid Certificate – minimum standard of HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.
This is a temporary assignment
under Section 81D of the Police Act 1990 up to 12 months.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. For your application to be considered, you must:
Please do not attach
- attach a cover letter;
- attach an up-to-date Resume/CV; and
- Address each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provide in the online Application or as a separate document. Please limit your response to no more than 300 words per question.
copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) - you can bring these if called for interview.
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history) and obtain and maintain a Security Clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force. For further information on the Security Clearance process click here
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website. For information on applying for roles with the NSW Police Force click here To view or download the Role Description click here APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 27 May 2018 at 11.59 pm