qualia, Best Resort at the 2017 HM Awards for Accommodation Excellence, is a luxurious and contemporary 5-star resort situated on the northern tip of Hamilton Island. Set amongst the back drop of the stunning Whitsunday’s secluded natural beauty, qualia is the epitome of elegance, taste and unique opulence.
Renowned internationally, qualia has been honoured by several of the world’s leading travel and leisure publications including Australian Gourmet Traveller and Conde Nast Traveller UK & USA.
Working closely with a team of Front Office professionals you will be responsible for the smooth running of the Front Office department and ensuring the delivery of an exceptional guest experience.
About the Front Office Manager role
- Managing the day to day operations of the front office department
- Responding to guests requests, enquiries & complaints while continuously monitoring product delivery
- Staff management including overseeing and developing training & recruitment initiatives and performance development review
- Overseeing and managing room allocations & check-in
- Overseeing the management of city ledgers, house accounts & late charges
- Managing efficient & effective communication systems
- Liaising with concessionaires, concierge and tour desks to assist with the organisation of guest activities
- Previous management experience in Hotel or Resort Guest Services in 5 star international luxury hotels
- Must have a passion for customer service and ability to confidently communicate with a diverse range of people including VIP guests
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with Host an asset
- A current open manual driver licence
- Must be eligible to obtain a Restricted Driver Authority (must have held driver licence for min 3 years continuous)
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Pick up extra shifts through our Multi-Hire program
- Perform well, progress quickly
- Gain a qualification at the Robert Oatley College
- Subsidised staff accommodation – opportunity to save money
- Employee discounts on a range of restaurants and activities
- Discounted ferry tickets
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
Ready to continue your professional career in paradise? Apply Today!