Demi Chef required at Manta Ray, our stunning waterfront Mediterranean restaurant on Hamilton Island.
About The Role
- Full time permanent position
- 7 day operation on a rotating roster
- Fast paced, high volume a la carte lunch and dinner
- Guide junior chefs in preparation of mise en plus (primarily chopping)
- Manage a section on the line during service
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Tapas and share plate experience advantageous
- Experience in dealing with dockets
- Strong knife skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers