We are excited to partner exclusively with our partner Hexagon to assist in the search for their new Legal Counsel. Hexagon provides advanced technology solutions that impact everyday Australians providing key solutions that service the government, businesses and community as a whole.
Hexagon is a leading global provider of engineering and geospatial software that enables customers to visualise complex data. Business and governments in more than 60 countries rely on Hexagon solutions to make processes and infrastructures better, safer and smarter.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is committed to providing mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers for safer communities, better public services and more reliable infrastructure.
You will provide ongoing support throughout the business contract life-cycle, from pre-bid through post-award contract management and close-out including, but not limited to; procurement and joint engagements with 3rd party vendors. The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Review commercial agreements related to the provision of software (primary), hardware and services, including project implementation, software licensing and software maintenance agreements.
- Responsible for maintenance of contractual documentation and records.
- Assist and enable throughout the sales process and post-award contract management, including review and negotiation of project proposals, statement of work, and change orders, familiarising stakeholders on exceptional provisions in negotiated contracts and advising stakeholders on contractual terms
- Work collaboratively with account teams, service delivery and the sales team to analyse and mitigate contract risks
- Proactively identify, advise and drive solutions of contracting requirements throughout the IT Project Life-cycle, including contract renewals and amendments
- Ensure compliance with corporate and divisional policies and acceptable risk standards
- Liaise with and escalate issues in a timely manner to stakeholders as appropriate for determination / resolution
- Advise Sales/Account Management of contractual rights and obligations and assist on requests for analysis of contracts in connection with other business transactions
- Actively identify and drive innovation and improvements to contract risk management, contracting efficiencies, record keeping and document management including revision of historical documentation
- Tertiary level qualification in Law / Legal
- Minimum of 2-3 years' (PQE) experience as a commercial lawyer in a major law firm and/or in house environment
- Current or eligible to hold a practising certificate (or in the process of)
- Strong commercial legal experience
- Experience and knowledge in IP and IT Law
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and execute plans to negotiate and resolve contractual and commercial matters
- Ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to progress your career with defined development opportunities
- True mentorship
- A business providing services which have a positive effect on the community
- Convenient location
- Competitive salary
- High stakeholder engagement
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Lee Ruddy on +61 3 8640 3182.