Seeking a motivated Payroll Team Leader to join a high performing Payroll Team - Top 100 ASX Listed Company - Close to Public Transport - Competitive Salary and Benefits
About the Role
With a large, progressive Payroll team, the BSC (Business Service Centre) at Downer provides the perfect opportunity for a Payroll Team Leader to secure a career building role. Offering progression into more senior positions, general management or other financial specialisms this would be an ideal move for an experience team leader looking to join a large ASX Listed company.
Your role will be to manage and motivate a small team of Payroll and Senior Payroll officers, providing training and ensuring that all deadlines are met. You will also be involved in projects as we continue transform our environment through automation so we can focus on “value add” activities.
This is a great opportunity to cement yourself in a leading company with a wide range of career advancement opportunities.
- Ensure the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including wage/salary disbursements, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting.
- Provide accurate and timely first round reconciliation of payroll processes including main pays and off cycle payments including Superannuation, Tax, Payroll Tax and GLI Costing where applicable.
- Provide direction, coaching and training on the Team’s payroll work
- Ensure the Senior Payroll Officers are coordinating and distributing work evenly throughout the team.
- Prepare payroll data input and assist with checking, quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accuracy, service quality and data integrity.
- Ensures that payroll teams apply quality to their work and follows payroll checklists and QA mechanisms
- Ensure teams deliver great a customer experience through Downer’s Customer Support System.
- Managing the relationship between the BSC and the customer (the wider Downer business)
- Demonstrable delivery of timely and accurate HR/Payroll services with a high volume of transactions (minimum 600-700 emps).
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations and legislation.
- Experience supervising a small team, team building and conflict resolution.
- Experience in Payment Summary Processing, reconciliations and Month End Processing
- Demonstrable delivery of timely and accurate HR/Payroll services in an autonomous role with a high volume of transactions (minimum 600-700 emps)
- Experience using Oracle V12, Oracle Express HR or CHRIS21
- Excellent customer service skills (customer centric focus)
- Previous experience working in a Shared Service environment will be highly regarded
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm.
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information, please email email@example.com
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.