Pivotal leadership role managing the Southern Region's Control Systems/LV team and growing the portfolio of work in 2018 and beyond – fantastic step up opportunity for a current Senior Control Systems Engineer.
Due to continued business growth and internal promotion, Downer’s M&E Engineering division is now seeking to appoint a Lead Control Systems Engineer to deliver effective management of the Southern Region Control Systems/LV team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and based in our Wollongong office, this position is a pivotal leadership role and is responsible for the overall design management and successful delivery of technical outcomes for all Control Systems/LV projects within the Southern Region (Southern NSW and VIC).
As well as day to day team management, a key focus of this role will be to steer the Business Development strategy within the Control Systems/LV department to expand existing client portfolios and identify new project opportunities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Resource Management – by way of accurate workload forecasting, identify and allocate resources as per project requirements;
- Oversee and manage the end to end tender process through to submission ensuring financial and technical accuracy and meeting client deadlines’;
- To ensure project compliance to industry and company QA systems and regulations within the Control Systems/LV space;
- General administration of team training and development as well as providing input in performance management reviews and recruitment processes;
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering;
- Extensive work experience in control systems design, programming and commissioning;
- Proven capability in Design Management;
- Strong leadership capability with solid interpersonal skills to motivate and develop your team members;
- Extensive skills and experience in Industrial Control and Automation (SCADA and PLC) including design, software development, testing and commissioning;
- Widespread skills and knowledge in electrical design, fault finding and commissioning of industrial automation plant;
- Proven work capability in LV System Design (calculations, construction design, schematics), VSD systems, Industrial Communication Systems;
- Significant understanding in Safety in Design Principals;
- Experience in preparing estimates for engineering design works and the capability to work safely in an industrial electrical environment;
- The willingness to work as a part of a team as well as being self-motivated to work autonomously and to ensure you get a job done.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging and diverse organization and client portfolio, where your skills and experience will be utilised daily to create a better Engineering designs.
- An organizational culture where your opinion is encourage and valued and where your thoughts can make change.
- A large organization where you can develop progress your career.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. For more information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org however applications will not be accepted via email.