About the role
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join the Sydney Finance team. In this role you will be actively involved in all financial control responsibilities for the Commodities and Global Markets (“CGM”) business which consists of financial markets, commodity and equity trading and financing divisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- co-ordinate targeted quality control reviews for assessing the effectiveness of processes and key controls ensuring compliance with Macquarie policies and control standards
- rotating reviews of the balance sheet and profit & loss control environment for the CGM businesses in conjunction with regional financial control leads and CFO
- preparation of board audit committee paper covering CGM control assessments
- direct involvement in process improvement and regulatory compliance projects across finance and business teams
- regular interaction with the onshore and offshore finance teams in relation to trading flows, booking models, deal systems and reconciliations
- global co-ordination and review of periodic deliverables to the Corporate Reporting Finance teams to assist in fulfilling external and internal reporting requirements.
To be successful, you will be CA/CPA qualified with experience in the implementation and development of the financial control frameworks. You will also have:
- knowledge and understanding of financial markets, products and trading systems including experience and comfort with large datasets
- strong communication tailored to audience with proven influencing and stakeholder management skills
- ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing priorities
- excellent attention to detail together with the ability to elevate from the detail when required to reassess and refocus
- strong time management and planning ability to ensure review and delivery of all required tasks within deadlines.
If you are a self starter with a desire to add value, please apply by following the link.
Macquarie's business is structured into five operating groups and four service groups. The Financial Management Group (FMG) provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie.
The group is focused on three key outcomes:
- managing the Macquarie balance sheet and profit & loss optimally and strategically
- adding value to Macquarie's senior management and its businesses by providing advice and analysis that is strategic, timely, accurate and comprehensive
- ensuring Macquarie continues to meet the obligations within its regulatory and compliance framework.
For more information contact Renee Read: email@example.com