- SME is the heart of Australia and we never miss a beat
- The best SME bank is all about having the best leaders – lead an exceptional team of professional Local Business Bankers to support our SME customers; the pulse of our nation
The purpose of the Business Bank at Westpac is to support one of Australia’s most important assets – its businesses. We’re here to make Australian businesses stronger.
Now more than ever Australian businesses look to people who understand how a business can bank on the future.
Reporting to the State General Manager, SME for NSW/ACT, theRegional General Managerwill lead theSMEsegment in Sydney’s Metro Southmanaging a large sales workforce. As a member of the SME leadership team, you will positively contribute to the development of a business strategy that continually delivers sustainable results for your region, by driving long-term volume growth and profitable relationships with business customers within your state. You will also be part of the overall Business Banking Transformation team in the capacity of subject matter expert.
You will need to be a self-starter who is results focused. Passionate for business development and customer solutions, you will be a game changer with a natural bent towards innovation, taking on challenges and turning them into opportunities. Our business will be built on strong and collaborative partnerships were everyone wins.
- Drive sales force effectiveness by working closely with your Local Business Bankers (LBB’s) to achieve revenue and balance sheet growth targets
- Lead performance management and employee development to ensure the LBB’s understand the strategic direction and are empowered to support this
- Ensure your team knows the SME customers in the local market and drive a superior customer experience
- Work with peers and business partners to ensure processes and products are designed from the customers perspective
- Deploy the sales force to meet the changing needs of the SME segment
- Identify new opportunities for growing the SME segment in both your local market as well as continually leveraging effective relationships with internal business partners
- Work with peers to develop, implement and manage a customer management strategy for SME customers within the State and your Region
- Responsible for overseeing adherence to compliance requirements and external regulations
- Analyse capability and performance of sales force to identify opportunities and solutions as well as determining training needs
- Experienced leader with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Track record in leading a sales team with successful results
- Expert sales coach with experience in coaching to deliver performance improvements
- Demonstrated passion for delivering a customer experience that delights employee customers, increases referrals and earns all your employee customers’ business.
- Experience in bringing teams together to achieve a common goal
- Well-developed presentation & networking skills
- Conceptual/analytical ability to identify and recommend how to influence performance drivers
- Experience in sales or relationship management role in the SME segment
At The Westpac Group, we have a vision to be one of the world's great service companies – this means helping our people, customers and communities to prosper and grow. We aim to be leaders in diversity, flexibility and as an equal opportunity employer.
As part of our commitment to creating a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility. We invite Candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.