Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business.With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Great opportunity is now available for a plant assistant to join the team at our St Peters concrete plant. The main responsibilities of the position will be to control movement of concrete trucks through the site, receiving and receipting deliveries, materials handling, basic maintenance, safety, and assisting the Plant Supervisor in the daily operation of concrete plant. Must be available to work on Saturdays.
- Co-ordinate and control movement of over 40 concrete trucks to ensure the safe and efficient movement of trucks though the St Peters precinct
- Ensuring customers and the general public are treated in a courteous and professional manner
- Compliance with OH&S policies, procedures and legislation, which includes participation in site safety meetings
- Assist with maintaining plant in a safe and tidy manner
- Operating front end loaders
- Labouring duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple traffic movements in a busy environment
- Previous front end loader experience desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with minimal supervision
On offer will be a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
If you are interested in this role then please press APPLY or visit