We are now looking for an experienced Production Manager for the Perth region. Based in the Perth Metropolitan area, this role oversees the daily concrete operations of multiple plants for the Concrete Business.
Reporting to the Metropolitan Operations Manager – Concrete, the Production Manager –) will have responsibility for developing, implementing and monitoring strategies for the production of concrete within Boral’s operating procedures, achieving and maintaining cost effectiveness consistent with quality of concrete production, and maintaining a productive team environment where high morale contributes to customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive improvements in safety culture through implementing the Boral OHS system;
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure all plant and equipment is operational and meeting all legislative safety requirements;
- Develop and implement strategies to supply concrete at the lowest delivered cost while meeting target customer requirements;
- Identify industry best practice for operations and implement approved strategies for the optimum achievement of the business’s objectives;
- Contribute to the implementation of sales strategies as part of the strategic planning process.
- Develop and maintain high-quality employee relations through adopting effective practices to improve communication within the workplace which creates an environment that encourages employee involvement towards a business improvement culture at all levels ensuring that the business is a market leader in the Industry;
- Develop and control expenditure within agreed budget guidelines and report on variations.
To be successful for this role you must have the follow wing qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant industry experience (desirable);
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (highly regarded);
- Strong people skills and communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines;
- Highly computer literate;
- A demonstrated commitment and desire to improve safety;
- Demonstrated ability to keep up to date with relevant industry developments;
- Demonstrated ability in Lean Manufacturing highly regarded.
"As a matter of courtesy, employees are to advise their manager if they are applying for any internal roles with Boral"