Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle is a magnet for yachting, fishing, diving, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from around the world.
The Reef View Hotel is Hamilton Island’s leading 4 star hotel offering lovely spacious rooms with some of the most spectacular views over the Coral Sea.
The hotel features in excess of 367 rooms and has its own restaurant, lounge, pool and bar.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor.
About the Housekeeping Supervisor role
- Lead and train a team of Service Attendants
- Inspect guest rooms and suites, and resort public areas to ensure all are cleaned to a high standard
- Ensure efficient use of linen and conduct regular stocktakes
- Liaise with Front Office and Maintenance on status of all rooms and any special guest requirements
- Assist with the training, leading and rostering
- Assist with cleaning of rooms and public areas when required
- Housekeeping coordination duties will also be required including: administration, organising housekeeping boards, preparing for the next day, sending/receiving emails
- Minimum 12 month supervisory experience in a 4-5* property
- An excellent eye for detail
- A positive attitude and a commitment to providing exceptional service and leadership
- A valid driver licence (preferably full and manual)
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers