A fantastic opportunity has become available for a highly skilled and talented Chef de Partie to join our innovative kitchen team. In your role you will directly report to the Head Chef & will run your own section, ensuring service is smooth as well as assist with other sections if they require help. You will control the pass when required and ensure food costs are kept to within the budget.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of programs to ensure high standards of cleanliness and organisation within the kitchen and related outlets.
- Lead employees by setting a positive example.
- Assist the Head Chef with menu preparation and ensuring adequate supplies are available for expected service.
- Liaise with Restaurant employees regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
- Supervision of kitchen in the absence of the Head and Sous Chef.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to kitchen employees to ensure service demands are met.
- Maintain excellent presentation standards and cost control for all food and beverage outlets, whilst maintaining recipe standards.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock control procedures implemented and maintained.
- Works with and co-ordinates the work of apprentices in the preparation and production of food as required. .
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy & ensuring all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned to OHS/Food Safety standards.
To be considered for this exciting position, you must possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Trade qualifications
- Excellent technical knowledge with experience in all cooking techniques and styles
- Experience leading staff during service
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards
- Excellent organisational skills & grooming standards
- Understanding of and the ability to maintain food safety standards and HACCP
In return for your commitment we will provide fantastic career and training opportunities, employee benefits and excellent working conditions with a supportive and fun team.