Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Compliance Officer – Fi...
The Senior Compliance Officer plays an important role in protecting the values and integrity of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area (GBRWHA) through the application of best practice compliance management to meet legislative obligations.
Field activities are delivered across the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (Commonwealth, including Commonwealth islands), the Great Barrier Reef Coast Marine Park (State) and island National Parks (State), which are part of the World Heritage Area.
These positions are based in the Field Management section, staffed by Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS). Field Management administers and coordinates the cooperative arrangements between the Australian and Queensland Governments which includes a Compliance Unit which delivers a coordinated Compliance Program and undertakes key functions including investigation and field operations.
These positions are part of the joint Field Management Program (FMP) for the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. The Program is jointly funded and managed by the Australian and Queensland Governments.
• Applicants must be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement.
• Open Coxswain as recognized by Australian Maritime Safety Authority
• Certificate IV in Government (Compliance Management or Fraud Control) or ability to obtain within 3 months of appointment to allow appointment as a Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Inspector`s.
• Baseline Vetting Security Clearance, or ability to obtain in less than 3 months.
• Open Manual car driver`s license.
• Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal) or Open Coxswain as recognized by Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
• Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal) as recognized by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
• Possess a Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Inspector`s authority.
• Have experience in the conduct of surveillance, in particular from vessel and aerial platforms.
• Possess a high level knowledge of safe operations of 4 wheel drive vehicles and recovery equipment in adverse conditions.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified task
Non-ongoing until 30 June 2019 with possibility of ongoing engagement