GIO, as part of the Suncorp Group is expanding its Insurance Claims business in the NSW Managed fund, workers scheme. We are proud to be continuing our partnership with the scheme to offer exceptional service to customers, support their recovery and help them with return to work and return to life.
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand's biggest and most trusted names in insurance, banking and superannuation. We have a down-to-earth and open culture, with leaders and mentors who are accessible and willing to help you develop. Our team of 14,500 people enjoy a wide range of health and wellbeing opportunities and give back to the community through fundraising, volunteer days and community grants. At Suncorp, we know the key to our future is you.
About the Role
We currently have positions available for customer service focused professionals to join our Workers Compensation Claims team in Newcastle on a 1-year contract.
As the public face of GIO, you'll be delivering positive customer experiences through the following key responsibilities:
- Accurately review and assess claims on behalf of icare ensuring injured workers are made aware of the extension to their benefit period
- Clear and concise communication with all stakeholders;
- Manage workflow to ensure that all activities are completed within applicable timeframes;
- Proactively collaborate with internal support to obtain guidance and assistance in Case Management;
- Comply with Workers Compensation Legislation and Regulatory bodies;
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to the legislative authority, employers and injured workers through compliance with legislation, timely response times and efficiency in processing;
To be successful in this role you should have:
A strong team player with a proven record of providing excellent customer service you will also possess the following:
- Exceptional listening and communication skills in a high volume work environment
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy for the customer
- Proven ability to build rapport with customers and key partners
- Strong problem solving and resolution capabilities
- Confidence in negotiating and decision making
- Ability to interpret complex information and respond by developing appropriate actions
- High standard of written communication across traditional and electronic communication media
- Resilience to work well under pressure and with rapid change
- Allied Health experience would be highly regarded
If you want to make a difference in the lives of our customers and work in a flexible work environment that promotes a healthy and happy culture then apply online today. For more information please contact Jonathon Hsu on 02 8226 9659