We are seeking an experienced ETL devops engineer with strong database knowledge to join the General Ledger platforms team within Macquarie's Corporate Operations Group. This will be a hands on technical position with devops responsibilities for mission critical Datastage environment. There will also be the opportunity to get involved with the teams broader application suite and devops responsibilities including application ownership. We welcome and encourage candidates interested in flexible or part time working arrangements
This role is within the Finance, Operations & Risk Technology division servicing primarily the Finance Management Group (FMG) and Risk Management Group (RMG) businesses. The General Ledger Platforms team have accountability for several core financial platforms and capabilities enabling FMG with accounting functions such as management and regulatory reporting, and statutory and taxation accounting for Macquarie Group.
- 8+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience:
- developing and supporting enterprise ETL implementations in business critical applications with a demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in designing, developing, supporting, maintaining, and administering complex ETL projects
- working in technical roles on a combination of operational support and development/project based work
- datastage experience highly desirable
- strong understanding and experience with databases and operating system technologies:
- unix (Solaris/Linux) and shell scripting knowledge
- relational database and database technologies (Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, TSQL, stored procedures)
- familiarity with both OLTP and OLAP (star schema design)
- understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems.
- degree qualified in computer science and/or information technology
- strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- solid written and verbal communication skills
- driven, proactive, and self-motivated being able to work both independently and part of a team
- strong risk management focus
- ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and deliver on tight time frames
- willingness to adapt and learn new skills/technologies
- desirable: Experience within the financial services industry with an understanding of accounting fundamentals
- accountability for ITIL based service management in incident, problem and change whilst ensuring production stability
- provide Input into prioritization and manage changing priorities
- provide daytime and rostered after hours support for 24x7 coverage of Datastage processing
- take ownership of tasks from development through to delivery including facilitation of testing with business users and adhering to change control standards
- subject matter expert in Datastage ETL processing (technical and functional business logic)
- designing solutions to address business problems/requirements
- reverse engineer solutions to identify and resolve problems
- ensuring and maintaining data quality and data integrity between source and target systems
- plan, coordinate and execute testing of changes ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future state
- liaising with core infrastructure teams and vendors to solve problems, troubleshoot issues or coordinate changes (e.g. Databases, Unix, Wintel, Storage)
- creation and maintenance of platform, integration and process documentation
- system and application optimisation via pro-active monitoring, reporting and tuning of processes, queries, scripts, jobs, etc.
- enabling best practices and the automation of manual processes
Possible opportunities within role:
- get involved with broader devops responsibilities on differing technologies such as PeopleSoft GL, Windows Server, IIS, MSSQL, BCS Integrity
- assist team on cloud and automation journey
- application ownership/lead responsibilities for Datastage service.
- transformational upgrade projects
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
If you match the above skills and requirements and are interested in this opportunity then please apply directly or contact Chirag Bhojani on 82324419 for more information.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.