- Challenge yourself in this fast paced, fun environment
- An opportunity to be bold and innovative in your approach
- Fantastic career development within a large team
Target is committed to providing an interactive and fully connected approach to our customers, continuing to offer products with the style, quality and affordability our customers expect every day through our network of over 300 stores and rapidly growing online presence.
We’re successful through the amazing people we have working for us and we’re proud of our commitment in supporting local communities and charities.
Part of Wesfarmers this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward, based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in late 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
The primary function of your role will be building organisational capability through the development of employee relations strategies in line with our values and supporting our National Store network in related matters and resolution.
Areas You Will Influence:
- Develop and implement Workplace Relations strategies to support the Business Strategy, including supporting operational change initiatives and developing effective relationships with relevant external parties (eg. employer associations, unions, government etc.)
- Supervise and manage employee-related legal disputes and/or legal claims (eg. termination of employment claims) and represent the business in employment legal proceedings as required
- Research proposed changes to relevant laws, practices or regulations that could potentially affect the business, and where required act as a representative of the business to influence external parties
- Manage the Enterprise Agreement negotiation cycle for the National Retail Agreement, and renegotiate distribution agreements when required
- Provide advice and guidance on all relevant employee relations issues, including changes to employment/anti-discrimination legislation and developments
- Influence, coach and develop the HR team and line managers to model the desired interpersonal and leadership skills to create a positive working environment in line with our values
- Ensure the HR team are provided with the required support to assist with the resolution of employee relations issues and cases, including investigation of complaints and representation before industrial/EO tribunals if required
- Work collaboratively with the HRBP’s and State HR Teams to manage the development and implementation of training for line managers in key Workplace Relations policies (eg. EO, performance management)
- Ensure the Workforce’s fully utilised and productive by maximising EBA provisions and outcomes
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar within a fast paced, high volume environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification in ER/HR or law
- Proven ability to lead enterprise agreement negotiations
- Working knowledge of relevant industrial laws
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with external parties and at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated capability in developing HR/ER strategies and plans that are aligned in business objectives
- Ability to persuade and negotiate outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise multiple competing demands
- Ability to develop and influence others
- Commercial approach to decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting deadlines
- Evaluate the effectiveness of workplace relations strategies to drive continuous improvement
- Reduction in the number of workplace grievances/disputes escalated for resolution
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
- Novated or Operating Lease options
- Participation in Short Term Incentive Plan
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.