Get new similar jobs by email for
EL 1, Assistant Director, Mana...
You will be assisting the Director, Management Accounting in the responsibility of a number of key duties and tasks, including:
• Assisting with the planning, preparation, execution and monitoring of the internal and external budget;
• Management of internal forecasting and budget control systems, including:
Preparation of budget related policies, controls and guidelines for staff;
Support for the Director Management Accounting on budgeting and forecasting models and monthly profiles that align with the Government`s budget process;
Liaison with and negotiation with the Department of Finance, Treasury, DSS, DHS on budget related matters;
Liaison with the Executive and Chief Financial Officer when required.
• Assist in costing of external budget matters, working with other Commonwealth entities.
• Responsibility for the quality of data in the Agency forecast and budget control systems.
• Support for the Director, Financial Accounting on general ledger and chart of accounts issues.
• Provision of expert advice on Australian Government financial reporting and budget policies.
• Liaise with key stakeholders.
• Responsibility for monthly variance analysis.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment National Police History check, and provide evidence of Australian Citizenship. Failure to do so may jeopardise your offer of employment.
Dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This position will be offered for a specified term of up to 18 months, with the possibility of extension up to three years.
This non-ongoing position may become ongoing. Should the position become ongoing then the Order of Merit established through this selection process may be used to fill the vacancy on an ongoing basis.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability .
About National Disability Insurance Agency
The purpose of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is to implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) which will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability. The NDIA will also provide great benefit to the families and carers of Australians living with disability.
The NDIS is designed to enhance the quality of life and increase economic and social participation for people with disability and will mean peace of mind for every Australian who has, or might acquire, a disability.
We are committed to becoming a model employer for people with disability who are specifically encouraged to apply