Director of Teaching and Learning (7-12)
Commencing Term 4, 2017
William Clarke College is a P-12, independent, Anglican College and is committed to being a Christ-centred community that develops extraordinary learners with a passion to serve others. Established in 1988, William Clarke College is located in the heart of Kellyville with an enrolment of approximately 1600 students.
The College is seeking apassionate, outstanding leaderfor a newly created position, who will play a key role in supporting the Head of Curriculum in leading and managing the curriculum and its delivery across the Secondary School. The Director of Teaching and Learning (7-12) will provide leadership in improving the instructional practice of teachers,and strategically developing and implementing pedagogical approaches that will equip students for success beyond their success at the College. This role will lead the Head of Faculty team.
This role attracts a Level 3 Leadership Allowance together and 0.8 FTE release, with a 0.2 FTE teaching load.
- Assisting the Head of Curriculum in developing and leading a rigorous academic program to address the learning needs of the students in the Secondary School
- Assist the Head of Curriculum in driving the teaching and learning framework across 7 – 12, including working with the Director of Teaching and Learning (Innovation) to professionally develop and support teaching staff in effective pedagogical practice
- Lead the HoF team, including the implementation of the Performance Feedback System, providing regular feedback and mentoring
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Curriculum, Director of Teaching and Learning (Innovation) and Director of Teaching and Learning (P – 6) to develop and implement College-wide teaching and learning initiatives
- Support the Director of Teaching and Learning (Innovation) regarding implementation of ICT initiatives
- Personally demonstrate exemplary pedagogical practice
Skills / Knowledge / Attributes
- A regularly practising member of a Christian Church
- A person whose educational and personal philosophies align with the College’s purpose statement and virtues
- A proven record as a teacher who understands the complexities and practicalities of teaching to enable student progress
- A proven record as a leader who is able to guide, motivate and influence colleagues
- A strategic thinker who is also able to plan and deliver
- Relational; able to empathise, collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders
- An individual of integrity who is equally demanding and supportive when holding others accountable
- A person whose words and actions inspire others
- Sets high standards in areas of scholarship, dress and personal behaviour
- Able to balance personal and professional life in a demanding position
To apply for the above role, please fill in our Employment Application Form which must form part of your application contained on the College website, and send it together with your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role close midday,Monday 27 February 2017