Get new similar jobs by email for
Toll People are recruiting for an experienced Despatcher to join one of their business units based in Woodville. In this role you will be responsible for optimising the productivity of the fleet for pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that ensures we meet our customer’s expectation of a Quality Service, both with time expectations and vehicle size in line with our National Service and regulations.
You will be responsible for
• Ensuring the appropriate level of vehicles is maintained in line with the business needs
• Ensuring new contractors/drivers have an understanding of the dispatch unit to create a smooth transition to the fleet
• Responsible for the maintenance of the permanent fleet & back-ups
• Responsible for the allocation of pick-ups through computerised despatch system
• Ensuring the correct information is put into job bookings
• Maintaining a relationship with clients & attending to their requirements in a timely manner
• Assist in the back up of staff on leave, sickness and at high volume times
• Any other duties as directed by management or supervisors
To be successful in this role you will have
• Experience in local direct delivery service
• Good understanding of the local CBD and metropolitan areas in Adelaide
• Experience in Couriers or Taxi Trucks
• MS Excel (Intermediate)
• MS Word (Intermediate)
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work with minimal direction
Our Client provides standard and customised supply chain delivery solutions throughout Australian major cities. As Australia’s largest and diverse local transport specialist using the latest despatch and sign-on glass technology, they also provide pick, pack and distribution operations capability. As Australia’s largest and diverse local transport specialist they are backed by advanced technological systems that enable market leading logistics solutions.
Toll People are Australia’s most recognised provider of Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport and Warehouse staff. Whilst we service the Toll Group, we also service hundreds of external clients and partners, offering complete recruitment solutions from permanent and executive recruitment, business support recruitment to flexible labour and award - winning training and development programs.
Note: We will not accept unsolicited CV’S from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV’s sent directly to line managers.