Desktop Support Engineer - Geelong
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential? If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Ignite offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We`re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades - and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas.
You`ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions. We are currently
looking for a Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
What we expect you to do
- Supervision of Desktop Support Level 1 & 2
- Break Fix issues in regards to cabling
- Working with client cabling installers
- Document the installation of standard software and operating systems for desktop rollouts
- Escalate unresolved problems to client nominated escalation points / support teams
- Installation and monitoring of antivirus solutions on PC and Laptops
- Installation of peripheral network attached assets (e.g. printers, scanners and switches)
- Patching operating systems
- Perform documentation and compliance procedures
- Perform file backup and restore operations on branch office servers in accordance with client instructions
- Provide 2nd level onsite support for standard software and operating systems to PC, Laptop and branch office servers
- Prepare and implement system and security patches
- Undertake IT induction training of new starters and training on Microsoft Products
- Implements operational support standards and procedures relating to change and performance management, and security.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer, suppliers, and other technical groups to resolve desktop/network/server problems.
- Create and maintain technical procedure documentation.
- Excellent Client Communication Skills
( SK97412A )