- Be part of an iconic Australian retailer
- Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
- Work with a driven merchandise team to create the design Australia loves!
Target is on a renewed journey, committed to bring quality product and being the most trusted brand in the market for Australian families.
Part of the Wesfarmers family, this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward. The role will be based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Areas you will influence:
- Work collaboratively with the Buyer on Product Development and Range Management, in line with the Buyer’s brief that captures trend direction and customer requirements, ensuring that ensuring Designs do not breach IP and Copyright requirements
- Collaboratively work with Target Asia to ensure a seamless workflow, clear communication to vendor and product innovation
- Manage the Design process to meet critical path deadlines and launch dates
- Continuously provide commercial and inspiring designs and concepts with a consideration of the Target customer
- Manage the product development process from beginning through to handover to the Buyer.
Skills and Experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Design - Fashion and Textiles
- Demonstrated extensive success designing product that is commercial for a Retailer or Supplier
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suites
- High level attention to detail with an ability to understand the Target Customer
- Ability to interpret trends making them commercially viable in line with Target Vision
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and working within a team environment with strong stakeholder management skills
- Clear communication skills
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
- Novated and Operating Lease option available for eligible employees
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.