Files can be up to 500KB for file types .pdf .doc .docx .rtf .txt
Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
POSITION DESCRIPTION APS6
supporting law enforcement, Position Title: XML Data Architect Directorate: Technology & Innovation Business Unit: Chief Technology Location: Canberra Ongoing/non- ongoing: Ongoing Purpose of Position: The Chief Technology Office (CTO) business unit provides information and system capabilities, skills and expertise that support the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commissions (ACIC) Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure. Working as a member of the Messaging & Integration Team and in the oriented IT environment that the ACIC requirement analysis and the provision of implementation of integration functionality. of various XML and XML-related technologies and products The XML Data Architect is expected to technologies, modelling tools and configuration management tools in carrying out the duties of this position. Ideally the occupant of this position such as ANSI/NIST and NIEM. ACIC Capabilities:
All ACIC staff are required to:
Exemplify the APS and ACIC Values
Meet security requirements
Effectively use information and
Meet work health and safety s APS Capabilities: The following APS Capabilities provide the framework for every APS role:
Shapes strategic thinking
Achieves results UNCLASSIFIED
Classification and Salary: APS6
$76,396 to $86,454 annum plus 15.4% superannuation Office Position Number: 50005135
Team: ICT Solutions Development
Reports To: Senior XML Data Architect complex, multi-platform, service operates, the XML Data Architect is responsible for business specialist technical assistance with the design and He/she also provides expert advice on the application in the ACICs IT environment. apply his/her knowledge of, and experience using, XML related will also have an understanding of relevant data standards
communications technology tandards per - and use
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission UNCLASSIFIED UNCLASSIFIED
Cultivates productive working relationships
Exemplifies personal drive and integrity
Communicates with influence Accountabilities & Responsibilities: The principal accountabilities and responsibilities include:
Applying modelling tools to build and maintain the ACICs enterprise message model that describes entities, their attributes and the attribute value types.
Defining service interfaces and model message structures.
Developing and maintaining XSD schemas, WSDLs and XSLTs.
Contributing to the development and application of data standards, policies and practices within the ACIC.
Liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior mangers and other non-technical colleagues as well as internal and external technical professionals.
Reviewing and quality assuring work of colleagues to ensure technical, policy and procedural accuracy.
Developing, maintaining and applying knowledge of the following:
XML related technologies: XML; XSD Schemas; XSLT; XPath; XSL-FO; CSS; SOAP; Schematron; and WS-* (i.e. WSDL)
Data standards: ANSI/NIST and NIEM
Modelling tools: IBM Rational Software Architect and EA Sparx
IBM WebSphere DataPower and IBM WebSphere Message Broker
Configuration management tools: SVN
Programming: Java, SQL. Selection Criteria: The following are the specific selection criteria for the role:
1. Demonstrated experience in defining service interfaces and model hierarchical message structures in complex and non-standard technical solutions.
2. Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining XSLTs, XSD schemas and WSDLs.
3. Well developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to advise on the application and use of various XML and XML-related technologies and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of multi-disciplinary team and to engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models.
6. Commitment to work health and safety policies and procedures and APS and ACIC values, including demonstrated personal qualities of integrity, initiative, drive and adaptability, and experience in implementing sound workplace management practices. Contact: Glen, (02) 6268 7830 This is a position of trust. The occupant must satisfy and abide by the ACICs security requirements, which include Australian citizenship. The occupant must also satisfy a rigorous security assessment by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency and is required to gain and maintain an NV1 clearance. In assessing suitability for employment the ACIC conducts a pre-employment screening process. This requires the applicant to complete a pre-employment screening form for the purpose of character and background checking, and a psychological assessment.
Date Posted 5//2/017
Category Administration & Secretarial
Location Canberra & Act, ACT 2600
Job Type Full Time, Permanent
Our records show that you've already applied for this position.
You already applied for this job.
Application for this role will take you to the advertiser's site