Are you sick of just building customer cross sell models? Want new analytical challenges across supply chain, customer and manufacturing?
Want to experiment with internet of things, blockchain and robotics?
Boral currently have opportunities for Data Scientists to provide insight to our business and enable automation to improve business outcomes across all product lines. Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers and help educate the organisation in the benefits and practice of data science.
The position entails
- Understand and articulate business problems and size analytical opportunities into manageable steps that can be implemented iteratively
- Collaborate with business and technology departments to develop working solution
- Leverage existing data and new data from IoT to develop insights for the business
- Applying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to build data products
- Continuous learning and sharing of how data science can add value to business
- Contributing to IT and data strategy
To be considered, you will possess the below qualifications and attributes:
- PhD in machine learning or a related quantitative discipline with a background in science or engineering, manufacturing or robotics desirable
- Experience in industrial sector preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a data scientist role
- Proven experience in creating measurable business value through data science
- Demonstrable Experience in working with senior stakeholders to drive change and solve ambiguous business problems
- 5+ years’ practical experience with data from variety of sources
- Proven experience on taking projects from concept to production
- Experience in working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Create and effectively communicate findings to management and relate them back to how your insights create business impact
- Expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, statistics and operational research
- Demonstrable Ability to quickly iterate the analysis and solution
- Have deep curiosity about how things work and love problem solving with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Up to date with the latest software engineering devop approaches
Located conveniently next to North Ryde train station and based within a dynamic business campus. Boral is a great place to work, we value your abilities and reward results that drive business success, we share goals and celebrate individual and team success.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the apply now button or visit