- Join a leading construction materials company
- Employment stability - permanent full-time position
- Full relocation assistance available for the successful candidate
Based inTownsvilleand reporting to the Contracting Manager - Asphalt, we are looking to appoint an experiencedContracting Supervisor. In this role you will be responsible for supervising the contracting operations for our Asphalt Business, whilst maximising the profit and financial performance through effective and efficient supervision of the contracting process.As the Contracting Supervisor you will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that the placement of asphalt, spraying of bitumen products and sealing activities are completed within the contract time frames and to a level of satisfaction that is acceptable to clients' specified requirements and within Boral's resource constraints.
- Actively promote and lead safe work practices and the adherence to relevant OH&S management, Quality and Environment systems, processes and behaviours at all times;
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, coordinate improvement activities and the introduction and application of Lean methodology;
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring that the placement of asphalt, spraying of bitumen products and sealing activities are completed within the contract time frames and to a level of satisfaction that is acceptable to clients' specified requirements and within Boral's resource constraints;
- Plan site activities and liaisons with contracts programmer on job requirements;
- Liaise with clients about job logistics, measure and agreement of variations to scope;
- Liaise and deal with members of the public, as required;
- Carry out job inspections prior to establishing on site;
- Manage on site activities including those performed by subcontractors;
- Complete daily job risk assessment, daily job reports and site records;
- Manage and improve OH&S and environmental performance on the site.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five years' experience in supervising delivery on Asphalt and Seal projects;
- Sound contracting background;
- Strong people skills and communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines;
- Strong written skills;
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Employment stability
- Opportunity to work in Townsville with relocation assistance available for the successful candidate
- Competitive remuneration package
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$5.0 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply.