- Growing not for profit
- Legal background or relevent compliance experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a compliance or legal professional to join an industry not for profit superannuation fund, to help implement and develop their compliance framework. Working closely with the Head of Risk and Compliance and Risk Manager, this role will be key in managing the framework and controls, conducting compliance reviews, provision of compliance advice, and reporting to the Board.
The role will be extremely varied and would suit someone who would like to gain a broad exposure to all parts of a business and be involved in business decision making and the management of relationships with regulators.
About the role:
- Supporting the Head of Risk and Compliance you will be working closely with different parts of the business ensuring that they comply with regulatory requirements
- Providing advice to departments on regulatory changes
- Investigation of any regulatory breaches and analysis of causes
- Coordinating responses to regulatory requests
- Training staff members on compliance issues
- Reviewing marketing material to ensure it is compliant
- Well-developed communication and writing skills
- The ability to read and interpret complex regulatory materials and understand how it may impact on the business.
- The ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with stakeholders
- Team player who can collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Excellent problem solving skills and an analytical thinking approach
- A law degree is preferred, but not essential if the person has other relevant regulatory experience
- The ability to be flexible, take on different tasks that might surface, and adapt as needed
- At least 4 years’ experience in a compliance or legal role within financial services or another heavily regulated industry
As the Compliance Manager you will play a key role in helping to build defined controls ensure that compliance risks are suitably identified and mitigated as the business grows.
If you are looking to make a real impact on an established and growing organisation, please apply below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org