- Room for growth
- Attractive salary
Innovative global tech organisation looking for someone with AWS cloud/security experience to join their team
Your new company
Your new organisation facilitates the payment processing of millions of payment transactions every month working as an intermediary between customer and business. This organisation provides stronger advertising pipelines than what traditional pathways have offered historically. They are a global organisation as a result of market uptake and success.
Your new role
- Perform manual security tasks including network configuration, server and application updates, static and dynamic code analysis, vulnerability testing, etc.
- Setup automation of CI/CD pipelines and scripts to reduce the effort and risks due to variability of manual processes
- Create dashboards and tooling to facilitate our security incident detection and response capabilities
- Guide the Engineering team to build and run more secure applications in a range of programming languages
- Act as an evangelist for better security practices within the Engineering team and wider organisation
- Support business staff with security updates, password management, VPN access, etc.
- Maintain security policies and standards, training guides and architecture documentation
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum 2 years of professional experience in IT security
- Knowledge of security best practices for networks, servers, workstations and mobile devices
- Experience managing network infrastructure, preferably including virtual AWS networks; i.e. VPCs, IAM roles and policies, NACLs, etc.
- Skills security hardening of Windows or Linux operating systems, ideally both
- Scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Powershell, Bash, or Python
- Some knowledge of centralised logging platforms and SIEMs, preferably Splunk
- Ability to execute security incident responses and forensics, as well as regular basic penetration tests; e.g. Kali Linux, Burp Suite, Nexpose, BeEF, Arachni, Metasploit, Wireshark, etc
- Ability to identity security vulnerabilities and prioritize them according to real business risk; awareness of OWASP, CVE, CVSS, NIST, etc.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Willingness to consult and work with Engineering and business teams to achieve desired security outcomes
- Demonstrable efforts towards continued education - preferably formal certification - in the evolving security threat landscape and applicable prevention/detection technologies
What you'll get in return
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Competitive Salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee Share Scheme, which means all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Company end of quarter training and global events 4 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Grant Lewis at 0292492258. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Grant Lewis at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on your career.