- Diverse construction hire company
- Flexible working conditions
- National company with organic pipeline of work
Permanent CAD Drafter, Southern Sydney location, opportunity to go on site and work with the sales team
Your new company
A dynamic and diverse a construction hire company of propping, shoring and traffic elements with branches across Australia, serving the construction industry across the East Coast and nationally when required.
Your new role
- Prepare CAD drawings of temporary propping, shoring and traffic support systems utilising gear as directed by the Engineering Team.
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff.
- Attend site with Engineering representatives when required to optimise design.
- Provide support for site based installers and make alterations to drawings when required.
- Along with CAD drawings, prepare specification and methodology documentation when and as required.
- Assist the Engineering Team and Sales Team with concepts for sales proposals.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing and Engineering Teams in preparing detailed fabrication assembly and part drawings of structural elements for in-house manufacturing.
What you'll need to succeed
- Autocad proficiency and experience with a construction oriented company, specifically in relation to civil and structural related projects in Australia
- Strong technical knowledge, experience and awareness of site constraints and the ability to adapt and change a proposal to suit.
- Be astute commercially such that the optimal structural solution for the client/business can be designed.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, supported by excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in 3D modelling programmes such as Revit, Inventor or Solidworks would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
What you'll get in return
A fun working environment and the ability to develop your site and client based knowledge from construction and engineering experts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.