- Challenge yourself in this fast paced, fun environment
- An opportunity to be bold and innovative in your approach
- Fantastic career development within a large team
Target is committed to providing an interactive and fully connected approach to our customers, continuing to offer products with the style, quality and affordability our customers expect every day through our network of over 300 stores and rapidly growing online presence.
We’re successful through the amazing people we have working for us and we’re proud of our commitment in supporting local communities and charities.
Part of Wesfarmers this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward, based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Your role will be to support the Buyer in administrative tasks, including understanding the product ordering cycle, sales activity of the department and product wins and misses. This role is integral to our business. Ensuring product orders occur on time to our store networks, whilst following critical path timeline indicators.
Areas You Will Influence:
- Complete product registrations
- Raise, amend and monitor product orders for delivery in line with critical path requirements
- Escalate issues that will affect critical path directly to the Buyer and propose recommendations for review
- Responsible for reviewing category sales activity determining product sell through and top sellers along with identifying
- Coordinate advertising submissions, samples and price management
- Assist with preparation of department strategies and range review process
Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Fashion and Merchandise is advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong customer focus and a professional approach to vendor relations
- A commercial sales focussed mentality
- Knowledge of the retail trading trends and activity from the shop floor
- Strong computer literacy, with skills in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.