Build your consulting career with this role - apply professional judgement - consult - responsible for your own portfolio -
- Our client is a 2 partner firm with 30 staff
- Established 10 years ago and located in Southbank
- Currently experiencing yearly organic growth
- The client base (circa 300 client groups) is made up of SME's up to $500m turnover across a variety of industries
- Modern industrial style office layout
- Friday night drinks and team activities are common!
- The culture is best described as 'work hard and play hard'
- This role will really suit a senior accountant level keen to grow your career
- Lots of business development experience for you to gain new clients
- On-going coaching from the Partners
- Further your career long-term
- Partnership potential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assistance with management of a compliance portfolio and supervise junior staff.
- 60% of the role will be hands on preparation of financial statements, tax returns, BAS/IAS of more complex accounts/clients (Companies, Trusts, Partnerships)
- 40% of the role will involve advisory responsibilities to clients
- You will be encouraged to take on additional responsibilities in the form of consulting to clients with the Partners and also Business Development activities.
- Firm uses Handisoft, Class Super, MYOB, Quickbooks and Xero.
The Successful Candidate
- CA/CPA qualified (or nearly)
- At least 6+ years experience in Business Services.
- A sound knowledge of tax/business services compliance
- Some exposure to value-add advisory would be beneficial to this role
- Must have EXCELLENT communication skills as the role will involve client contact from the outset
- Client centricity and an absolute focus on achieving outcomes on client goals and objectives is an essential trait
- Must be technically competent and have the ability to delegate effectively
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Natalie Marchio on 03 8640 5420. Alternatively email your CV directly to email@example.com (no cover letter).