- Business Development Manager
- Permanent Darwin job
- Immediately available construction sales role.
Permanent Business Development Manager job in Darwin. Drive business and manage clients in Northern Territory
Your new company
Supporting clients across multiple industries, predominantly within resources and mining and blue collar, our client are actively seeking a Business Development Manager on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager who is based interstate, within this newly created position you will overlook a specific division of the company. As the Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include;
- Mixture of account management and new business development, ensuring that both sales volumes and gross margin targets are achieved within a new business category to maximise contributions toward the National Sales Budget.
- Winning new business through prospecting, marketing and network referral approaches across the full range of your division’s segments. The new business approach will operate within price and margin guidelines set.
- Develop a Sales Pipeline through building prospect lists and intensive cold calling.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing strategies to win new business and use referral programs to enhance opportunities and channels to market.
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s Capital Expenditure Approval’s (CIEM, MEM’s) and all other processes relevant to establishing new accounts and will facilitate the timely connections to new customers by liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Continue to develop and maintain knowledge of the current market with respect to competitor’s clients, pricing and contract status, utilising this knowledge to enhance the company’s profitability and growth.
What you'll need to succeed
Prior experience in a similar role, ideally with local Darwin experience will see you succeed. Furthermore;
- You will be a ‘hunter’ rather than a ‘farmer’ who demonstrates a passion for cold calling and developing new business opportunities, backed up with solid examples of new business won and new major clients secured within your previous roles.
- You will be a self-starter who works well autonomously and can assume the position of manager of the Darwin business with minimal direction.
- You will have a friendly, approachable demeanour and will work well within a small team and can immerse themselves into the culture, brand and vision of the company.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an above market salary package, inclusive of base salary plus commissions. You will be provided an exciting opportunity to build a stable client base within this newly created role. As our client continues to go from strength to strength, a permanent, ongoing opportunity is on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. For further information on this position, please call our Sales recruitment specialist, Killian on 08 89436000 or email Killian.email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.