Brand new café, Mr. Huxley, is looking for a motivated and talented Head Barista to lead our front of house team. Mr. Huxley is United Co.’s cafe where people come to meet, collaborate, refuel or relax.
Mr. Huxley is a contemporary café opening to support United Co. (state of the art coworking) located on Smith Street in Fitzroy. While Mr. Huxley will accommodate 250 inside and out, you will also service United Co. members in the dining atrium and their private offices. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of something exceptional.
Work from a brand new modern facility in a historic red brick building where you will have the opportunity to make your mark on Fitzroy’s iconic café scene. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a leader who will drive your front of house team towards hospitality excellence through passion and professionalism.
We are also looking for experienced Baristas to assist the Head Barista, so if this role isn’t quite you yet, we’d still love to hear from you!
About the role
- Preparing to launch in March, immediate start;
- Set high coffee standards in a high volume environment;
- High level knowledge of specialty coffee, operations and equipment;
- You will lead, supervise and motivate your team to deliver a quality coffee/dining experience;
- Manage all aspects of the front of house including maintaining inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply, FOH stock control, maintaining cleanliness to a high standard, manage and oversee FOH team;
- Strong focus on coffee revenue targets and devise plan to increase coffee sales;
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond;
- Strong customer service, dealing with enquiries and complaints in a professional and diplomatic manner;
- Previous experience as a Head Barista in a similar café leadership role is essential;
- Strong knowledge of current food and coffee trends, including coffee art;
- You will have positive communication and interpersonal skills;
- You will have a strong work ethic, be reliable and punctual;
- Thorough knowledge of food hygiene and safety requirements within a hospitality space;
- This is a full time position with an attractive salary package for the right candidate.