MOTOR MECHANIC APPRENTICESHIP
Earn while you Learn - We are Hiring Now
The MTA is the largest automotive training and employment centre in South Australia and we are hiring Light Vehicle Technician Apprentices now!
With high demand from the industry in Adelaide and across the state for qualified Light Vehicle Technicians this is your starting point for your career.
More than just a job, your apprenticeship could be the first step to exciting future opportunities in management and ownership positions.
Entry into your Motor Mechanic Apprenticeship
As a Motor Mechanic Apprentice, you will learn how to service, repair and overhaul mechanical parts such as engines, transmissions and suspension systems.
- Year 10 or higher
- Provisional Driver's Licence
Apprentice Training & Support
- On-the-job training
We’ll place you with a host business who has the tools and experience to help you complete your training.
- Off-the-job training
We have SA’s largest automotive training facility, with the best resources and tools, keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in technology.
MTA Field Officers are regularly in conduct with our apprentices to ensure you have the support you need to grow and succeed in the automotive workplace.
Specialist Skills Taught
- testing and repairing electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and fuel injection
- tuning engines using electronic equipment
- repairing or replacing worn and faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials and steering gear
- reassembling, testing, cleaning and adjusting repaired or replaced parts or assemblies
- using various instruments to make sure repaired or replaced components are in good working order
- diagnosing, repairing and replacing engine management/fuel injection components
- vehicle dealers
- automotive repair workshops
- fleet operators
- engineering companies
- Government departments with vehicle maintenance workshops
For more information give us a call - 8241 0522
We’ll be happy to talk through the details to help you decide.