MOTOR MECHANIC APPRENTICESHIP
Earn while you Learn
We're hiring Apprentice Motor Mechanic Now. It's your chance to turn your passion into your career.
If you want to earn a wage while learning your trade apply now to join the MTA as a Apprentice Motor Mechanic. Multiple positions are available. No experience necessary, just a passion for all things automotive.
Entry into your Motor Mechanic Apprenticeship
As a Motor Mechanic Apprentice, you will learn how to service, repair and overhaul mechanical parts such as engines, transmissions and suspension systems.
- Year 10 or higher
- Provisional Driver's Licence
Apprentice Training & Support
- On-the-job training
We’ll place you with a host business who has the tools and experience to help you complete your training.
- Off-the-job training
We have SA’s largest automotive training facility, with the best resources and tools, keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in technology.
MTA Field Officers are regularly in conduct with our apprentices to ensure you have the support you need to grow and succeed in the automotive workplace.
Specialist Skills Taught
- testing and repairing electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and fuel injection
- tuning engines using electronic equipment
- repairing or replacing worn and faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials and steering gear
- reassembling, testing, cleaning and adjusting repaired or replaced parts or assemblies
- using various instruments to make sure repaired or replaced components are in good working order
- diagnosing, repairing and replacing engine management/fuel injection components
Apprentice Employment opportunities
- vehicle dealers
- automotive repair workshops
- fleet operators
- engineering companies
- Government departments with vehicle maintenance workshops
For more information give us a call - 8241 0522
We’ll be happy to talk through the details to help you decide.