Hamilton Island is now recruiting a 2nd year Apprentice to join the Coca Chu kitchen. This is a great opportunity for you to develop your skills under award-winning chefs whilst living in a tropical paradise. Be mentored by our culinary trainer in the Robert Oatley Learning College and earn your nationally recognised qualification.
About The Role
- Full time permanent positions; shifts on a rotating roster
- Modern South East Asian Cuisine
- Train on-the-job under experienced and awarded Chefs
- Undertake Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery through the Robert Oatley Learning College and get individual mentoring by our culinary trainer
- Maintain Hamilton Island’s consistent standards of excellence
- Live on island position
- Must be 18 years or older
- 2nd year Apprentice
- Interested in South East Asian Cuisine
- Intermediate knife skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Able to follow direction
- Passionate, motivated and career-orientated
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Please visit our website or Facebook Fan Page for more information on Hamilton Island Employment.