ASG is a leading IT business solutions provider in Australia - customer focused and responsive. We match our genuine people with proven solutions, partnering closely with our clients to help them achieve their goals.
We currently have an opportunity for a Unix Engineer
(Solaris/Linux/NetApp/EMC) to join our team on a Permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the delivery of Project related tasks on UNIX based servers running Solaris and Linux. This includes system commissioning tasks, software and hardware installation and upgrade, system configuration, and performance tuning. Responsibilities:
- Involvement in project requests which may include system provisioning, OS and security patching, application rollout and support, etc.
- Resolution of 3rd level escalation of Incident and Problem Tickets from ASG Managed Services Team.
- Liaising with external vendors where required to ensure timely resolution of hardware / software issues
- Involved in performance tuning the systems to achieve optimal performance for computational intensive applications
- Communicate with internal and external client contacts at all levels - Technical and Business
- Create and improve on support documentation for all the above
- Follow all the company prescribed global standards and procedures like security, access control, support and change control
5+ years of hands on UNIX experience (Specifically Oracle Solaris, Redhat Linux)
Experience with Server Hardware
Redhat KVM Virtualisation
Oracle VM for Sparc and x86 technologies
Shell/Perl scripting experience
Disaster Recovery and Highly Available Environments
IT Service management tools including Service Now and HP Service Manager
Knowledge of ITIL processes
Knowledge of Redhat packaging and kickstart procedures
VMware vSphere understanding
SUN Directory Server (LDAP)
Sun Application Server/Glassfish
The successful candidate is a team player who is self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work autonomously when required.
The smart, career focussed and determined people who work for ASG flourish in a culture that empowers them to achieve customer outcomes and gives them a sense of ownership for the development of the company as a whole. Together we form a highly motivated, customer-focused workforce.