Get new similar jobs by email for
Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Engaging with stakeholders to help implement key recommendations from the ICT Procurement Taskforce report.
You will play a key role involving ICT industry sellers and government buyers in the implementation of the ICT procurement transformation, ensuring they are part of the conversation every step of the way.
Role specific tasks
As the Stakeholder Engagement Officer, you will work directly to the Industry Liaison Lead to support the branch in establishing and fostering productive relationships and networks across government and in the private sector by:
- developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies
- supporting the management of stakeholder forums, meetings and special events
- identifying stakeholder issues and acting appropriately to address issues and/or advise others how to address stakeholder issues
- leading effective engagement activities with stakeholders
- supporting the coordination of stakeholder contact DTA wide
- help assess the DTA`s engagement practices and engagement experiences
- implementing stakeholder engagement principles, methodology, tools and facilitation techniques appropriate to the DTA
- participating in the DTA Engagement Guild
Essential skills and experience
- Strong experience in stakeholder engagement across the APS.
- Practical experience in applying engagement principles, practices and evaluation methods in a wide range of projects and challenges.
- Strong understanding of the complementary approaches of strategic communications and engagement.
- Awareness and understanding of the environment in which government engages with business, and especially Small to Medium Enterprises
- A background in ICT or procurement is desirable, or otherwise the ability to quickly build an understanding of ICT procurement.
The position is subject to the following eligibility requirements:
- Australian Citizenship
- Security Clearance: this position requires a baseline security clearance. The successful applicant must be willing and eligible to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at this level.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
You may be engaged as a ongoing or non-ongoing APS Employee. Non-ongoing employment opportunity will be for 12 months with a possible extension.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability .
About Digital Transformation Agency (DTA)
Every day, more Australians are choosing to interact with government on their mobiles, tablets and computers. That`s why the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) has been created - to lead the government in transforming how services are delivered, and improve your experience. Working with the DTA means your work will make a real difference in people`s lives. This is the opportunity to gain experience working on large digital services that will be used by millions of people every day.
The DTA values people who:
• Learn, teach and share
• Care about making things better for people
• Take pride in their work
• Have a track record of delivery
• Work well with other people and are open and collaborative, and
• Can communicate clearly and simply about their work.