Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Sales Analyst
Regional & Sales Execution Team Function
Optus has a vision to become a leading mobile-led multimedia service provider – growing household market share across Australia. The Regional & Sales Execution team supports the vision by analysing channel and product performance in and executing against these insights in service of increasing sales. Team responsibilities include local opportunity identification, local marketing planning & local sales execution; national channel enablement, and national portfolio demand & conversion execution.
We are a team of product category, channel and marketing experts who play an omni-channel role in service of driving Optus market share growth and optimal channel mix. We are a highly accountable and achievement oriented team who play a leadership role in driving the organisation towards its goals.
The Senior Analyst, Sales Insights will perform analytics on complex business questions across multiple initiatives; translating this analysis into actionable insights with clear recommendations to solve strategically important business issues.
As the Senior Analyst, Sales Insights, this role is responsible for:
• Translating complex business questions into analytical tasks
• Performing complex data, statistical and commercial analysis to understand how customer behaviour, product changes and market dynamics impact sales performance;
• Consolidating information from across the business to present a holistic view of customer behaviour and market trends including frontline insights, research, commercial, product, external market analysis and marketing effectiveness;
• Developing recommendations with a clearly articulated, structured argument;
• Delivering findings back to the senior stakeholders to drive well-informed decision-making; and
• Contributing to the overall team delivery of business insights and recommendations and trading performance
We are looking for the following skills, attributes and experience
• Bachelor degree in a quantitative field e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Statistics
• Strong communication skills/Demonstrated presentation skills
• Prior experience partnering with Marketing, Sales and/or Commercial functions in a large organisation
• The ability to translate complex problems into simple business insights
• A demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders to resolve issues
• Flexibility to handle conflicting priorities and balance demands on time
• Sound business, financial and commercial acumen
• Proficiency in analytical techniques
• Experience in using visual analytics preferably Tableau.
This role will suit a highly motivated individual who wants to take ownership of their portfolio, execute with passion and develop strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. You will get the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to our customer growth.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!