We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is energetic and self-driven to join the Business Performance & Analytics (BPA) team as a Senior Project Manager.
You will be joining a team that is passionate about data. In fact our vision is to be the leading information and analytics team in Australian banking, by market and customer reputation.
You will be integral to helping BPA achieve its vision by playing a key role in the delivery of analytics and business intelligence projects for Westpac.
Your key responsibilities will involve managing the end to end delivery of projects to meet the needs of our internal customer who come from across the Bank.
Secondly, you will help contribute to the development of the project management capability within BPA through mentoring and driving initiatives that help make BPA a great place to work for our project managers.
- Engage with our business stakeholders to understand their business objectives and lead definition of business cases for projects
- Manage scope to ensure outcomes and expected benefits are clearly articulated and that agreed work is aligned to the strategy
- Translate business needs into a clear and measurable scope of work which is aligned to the business objectives for the assigned projects
- Influence and gain agreement of scope from stakeholders
- Management of changes to scope to ensure that these are well assessed and understood including implications for project time, cost, quality and risk
- Define, own and drive through the plan for the project to ensure the business outcomes are delivered. This includes management of the plan, scope, budget, stakeholders, project team, issues, risks and dependencies
- Manage the work of the direct project team, partners and vendors who are required to deliver the project, ensuring deliverables are completed with the right quality and agreed to timelines and costs
- Engage, inform, influence and negotiate with stakeholders to ensure stakeholders remain engaged and committed throughout the project and provide the required assistance for the project as appropriate
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience in delivery of medium scale ($2M-$5M) projects
- Experience engaging with and managing senior stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in end-to-end project delivery - business case development through to execution and implementation
- Tertiary qualifications
- Experience in delivery of BI and/or data driven projects
- Agile delivery experience (e.g. SRUM, Kanban)
- Project management certification (e.g. PMI, CSM)