Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Manager, Finance (12 mo...
Did you know that we've been around longer than any other bank in Australia?
When we started up as Australia's first company in 1817 our goals were to deliver exceptional service and drive economic progress. And while we've grown up as a company and our family has gotten bigger, our goals haven't changed.
Today we have a clear vision to be one of the world's great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow.
We believe that the service we provide defines us and exceptional service unifies us no matter which brand, division or role we're in.
Global Reporting is a dynamic team that is responsible for regulatory reporting to local and overseas regulators. We have a Global Reporting Operating Model that supports the governance, preparation, controls and change management activities in our team.
The Global Reporting team is involved in a significant project initiated by APRA called the Economic and Financial Statistics (EFS) Project. The EFS project is expected to complete in 2021.
This role is required to provide expertise on regulatory reporting processes that will guide the design and implementation of data quality controls needed to meet the new EFS reporting requirements.
In this role your duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Develop an understanding of the scope of the EFS project and the new EFS reporting requirements
• Develop an understanding of the return preparation process for regulatory reporting at Westpac
• Interact with the Risk Managers appointed to the EFS project to confirm the risks for regulatory reporting for the new EFS forms
• Identify gaps and/or deficiencies in the controls to mitigate the identified risks
• Collaborate with the BAU and EFS project teams to design appropriate controls for any gaps and/or deficiencies in the existing control framework
• Document the controls to the appropriate level for review by the assurance teams
• Live and breathe the Westpac Group Core Values within the EFS project
• Ensure timely delivery of the risk and controls work within the EFS project milestones
• Effectively handle, escalate and follow-up issues with relevant colleagues to resolve the issue.
• Develop an understanding of the assurance requirements for regulatory reporting in the context of the three lines of defence model for Westpac
• Assist the assurance teams (internal and external audit) with evidence and information so they can complete the assurance testing
• Respond to queries raised by the assurance teams
• Facilitate discussions between the BAU and assurance teams to remediate any findings/observations.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, experience, education and/or expertise:
• Professional Accountancy qualification
• Minimum 8 years experience in financial services either in Australia or overseas
• Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting concepts/standards and financial products and systems
• Detailed experience in identifying risks for financial/regulatory reporting and designing controls to mitigate the risks
• AGILE and Project Management tool proficiency an advantage but not essential
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Strong stakeholder management
• Delivering work to meet deadlines.
Working with Westpac
Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. Think inspiring locations, flexible work spaces and unexpected careers.
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
• Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
• Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
• Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
•Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.