- 12 month contract
- Central Melbourne location
- Kirsten Dugan - 9604 9678
Excellent opportunity for a polished Senior Financial Accountant for 12-month contract
Your new company
A large public sector organisation based in central Melbourne.
Your new role
As Senior Financial Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for key internal and external reporting requirements;
- Analysing and advising on financial performance;
- Participating in the preparation of consolidated financial statements;
- Keeping up-to-date with Accounting standards and regulatory requirements, and communicating this information internally;
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure audit is completed on time and to a satisfactory level;
- Monitoring and delivering reporting on financial performance vs budget;
- Provide advice up to Director level on financial performance for preparation of annual budgets;
- Liaise effectively with various internal and external stakeholders, at various levels.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines.
- You will hold a current CA or CPA qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a large, dynamic public or private sector organisation in a similar role.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements relating to financial governance.
- Proven up-to-date knowledge of Australian accounting standards.
- High level of commercial nous and the ability to contribute to strategic and financial plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What you'll get in return
- 12 month contract, with possibility for extension.
- Salary of around $110k package
- Central Melbourne location with an organisation with an excellent reputation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Kirsten Dugan on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9604 9678.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.