General insurance Business. Australian&International Work with the business. Technical accounting and process improvement focus. First management rol
Our client, a leading insurance business with local and international businesses is looking to recruit an ambitious accountant with solid insurance experience to develop into a Finance Manager, supervising a team of 3/4.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in managing the overall Head office Finance Function.
- Co-ordination and preparation of year end statutory accounts and other year end /half year end processes and closely monitor year end timetable is followed.
- Manage the month end close process by coordinating, preparing and calculating data, inputting and reviewing journal entries in GL.
- Preparation of key financial reporting deliverables..
- Preparation of financial information and analysis in response to requests from Senior Management.
- Work closely with Finance, IT and the business to approach to develop and implement process and financial system improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for internal & board audiences.
You will have/be:
- Degree or equivalent, CA or CPA Qualified (Preferably Big 4 Chartered).
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting or finance roles within the insurance sector (ideally General Insurance).
- Strong technical financial accounting skills, including a solid understanding of Australian GAAP and accrual accounting principles. Also, USGAAP experience ideal.
- Extensive knowledge of financial reporting requirements and experience in preparing financial statements.
- Good understanding of insurance products.
- Strong Excel skills.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for experienced accounting professionals to progress their career into a management role. Please click below to apply online, or send your resume to Iain@intuitiverecruitment.com.au or call on 0412485110 to discuss further.