Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
The Senior Cyber Security Development Engineer is responsible for delivering integrated, end to end security services and supporting the product team in the development and enhancement of new and existing cyber security products based on the defined roadmap. This requires working in convergence across the Cyber Security COE and Optus Business units to develop and deploy the products and to source the required level stakeholder agreement and investment. The role provides expertise on emerging technologies and trends to enhance the inputs into the products and the roadmap.
Your core duties…
- Partner with the product managers to design/ develop, and deliver the cyber security product roadmap;
- Provide technical expertise to the product managers to enhance existing cyber security products;
- Provide technical expertise on internal projects with the operations team, including operational enhancement, and new or enhancement of existing toolset and platforms;
- Support the technical presales team on customer opportunities / bids where customisation to operational platform is required;
- Projects will be generally delivered with Agile methodology, however still conforming to a level of ITIL and following Optus Service management principles;
- Design, document and implement product offerings and customer solutions;
- Work closely with the operations and delivery teams to ensure and smooth transition into operations for ongoing BAU management;
- Assist in the evaluation of industry and partner technologies and look at their relevance for integration into the cyber product roadmap and cyber operations team; &
- Collaborate with operations to deliver quality products that support the right SLAs.
Your checklist for success…
- Bachelor degree in relevant ICT discipline together with significant cyber security operational experience across product engineering, and delivery of complex, integrated cyber security solutions;
- Highly developed experience in customer engagement, solution proposal, design and architecture;
- Deep technical expertise in cyber security technologies / solutions for both enterprise and cloud based, security operations experience in the area of security management and threat monitoring, Orchestration, Provisioning, Service Management, ITIL and Networks;
- Technical certifications from security technology vendors and professional certifications such as CISSP, SABSA, GCIH;
- Solid business analysis skills with a knack for turning business outcomes into technical deliverables, with strong understanding of the drivers and dynamics of product and service delivery
- Outstanding interpersonal skills at all levels of a business with strong planning and problem solving ability;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously with continuous improvement work ethic; &
- Drive, energy, passion, resilience and tenacity to succeed.
At Optus, we aren’t just a Telco anymore; we are a company of innovation, we have moved to the forefront of technology and entertainment. We are a part of the digital disruption, changing the way we deliver media services and content; continuing to create experiences that move you.
Please apply in confidence via the online link below.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!