Requisition ID: 161255
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Australia is looking for a Senior Business Process Consultant - Materials Management & Logistics Execution to join our public service delivery execution team. This role will be based in Canberra, and preference will be given to Australian Citizens who can obtain Defence Force clearance.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Application and process specific solution consulting (for a specific application: creation of business blueprint, Implementation based on a blue print, creation of test cases, test scheduling and execution, key user training, go live support, and post go live support)
- Support in escalated projects
- Performance of feasibility studies / solution reviews
- Support of pre-sales activities
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Detailed planning of process implementation
- Define detailed blueprint for development requirements
- Industry /corporate process implementation across all related applications (SAP/non-SAP, On Premise and cloud-based)
- Develop and Assure quality of process models
- Demonstrating knowledge of modeling standards and tools
- Analyse and map client’s business requirements, process and objectives with a view to develop;
- Heat map of requirements to enhanced functionality
- Road map of functionality & value that supports the clients investment
- Identify new approaches that address old problems
- Guide Public Sector practitioners using language and process they are familiar with
Experience & Deployment Requirements
- Several years of experience in application consulting
- Has experience with minimum of five full cycle implementations
- Has performed at least one feasibility study
- Understands the Business Process Library approach and is contributing to it
- Comprehensive functional knowledge of SAP Materials Management including; Stock Material Procurement, External Services Procurement, Non-Stock Procurement, Self Service Procurement, Complex Contract Management, Intercompany/Intra company Stock transport orders, Purchase Pricing, Intercompany Pricing, Inventory Management, Physical Inventory/Cycle Counting, Material Master data, Business Partners, Serial Number Management, Materials Planning in S/4 HANA, Purchasing/Inventory Optimization.
SAP Logistics Execution including; Inbound/Outbound Delivery Processing & Basic Warehouse Management and Shipping process
- Has had experience with Integration with other SAP Modules like; Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, Finance, EWM/TM & SAP Ariba
- Awareness of; S/4 HANA Innovations in Materials Management, Fiori Apps & Public Sector Procurement Processes
Industry Experience (highly desirable)
Australian Defence or other military organisation experience and knowledge of core Defence functions below:
- Military Operations: The conduct of military operations and exercises, in which Defence resources are deployed in support of specific objectives other than business-as-usual
- Major Investment: Management of the Defence major capital investment portfolio, including the influence of the portfolio on Defence capabilities
- Sustainment: Sustainment of Defence capabilities, including integration with the capital investment portfolio
- Enabling Functions: The persistent, ongoing functions that support the business of Defence.
Understanding of unique Defence challenges, such as:
- Characteristics of the range of Defence users, from the war fighter to the executive
- Implementation and operation in ‘deployed’ environments versus homeland
- Takes responsibility from time to time as a sub project leader. Acts as a coach for colleagues
- May act as community lead, stream lead or topic owner within an internal community
- Assist in the development of the overall project plan as well as individual work plans
University degree or equivalent work experience
- Australian Citizenship (preferred) because of Australian Defence Security Clearance requirements.
- On-site in Canberra, ACT, Australia
SAP`S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.