Natural Resources and Mines / Parkhurst, Rockhampton
- Permanent full time
- Salary in the range of $80,349 to $87,333 per annum excluding superannuation.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide liaison and planning support to the Principal Native Title Project Officer by co-ordinating the preparation and updating of information and planning documents to assist the processing of mining permit applications where native title is a consideration.
- Assess, prioritise, coordinate and expedite action on Mineral and Coal permit applications involving land where native title may exist.
- Coordinate and participate in workshops and meetings with project proponents, native title representative bodies, traditional owners, other Government agencies and other stakeholders. Manage the day-to-day administration of Native Title Services Central Region in line with Departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, briefings and submissions and assist in dealing with Ministerial, Parliamentary, and Departmental and intergovernmental enquires as needed.
- Work within a project management role in line with Native Title Services Central Region in managing small scale mining native title processes, including advertising.
- Support the Principal Native Title Project Officer in liaising and consulting with project proponents, native title representative bodies, traditional owners, other Government agencies and other stakeholders in relation to complex native title processes.
- Provide advice to internal and external clients on native title processes relating to mining.
- Other duties as directed and required
Apply via Smartjobs.govnet.qld.gov.au
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/253928/17.
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 September 2017