Looking for a Payroll officer to sit within the shared services team to provide holiday cover for the busy end of year season.
Our client is a well-recognised Private Health care company and are considered to be one of the leaders in the industry. Our client has fantastic modern offices in the Sydney CBD, and is close to Public Transport.
- Processing end-to-end weekly and Monthly Payrolls under award interpretation.
- Creating and posting payroll journals
- Processing all new starters / terminations including calculation of termination payments.
- Processing, calculating & tracking leave, Bonus Processing, New starters / terminations and assisting Department Heads.
- Processing superannuation, payroll tax, PAYG taxes, workers compensation
- Providing exceptional customer service to all Payroll related queries
- Review of weekly timesheets against operational parameters and providing weekly Payroll reporting.
- Payroll Administration. Maintain and update personnel files in confidential manner including handling induction of new employees to a documented process.
- Accounting support: Provide bookkeeping support to accounting team where required
- Office Administration: Maintain office related matters including bookkeeping of office expenses.
- Adhoc duties where required by Finance Manager
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working with Enterprise Agreement Award schedules
- Previous experience in a related role
- Experience in High volume end-to-end Pay
- Able to meet conflicting deadlines, for example, month-end, superannuation and pay dates
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to time sensitive deadlines
Key System Experience
- Sound working knowledge of payroll systems (must)
- Oracle experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot, Vlookup, Indexing etc) (must)
- Accuracy of data and attention to detail
- The successful candidate will be able to work autonomously with the ability to use initiative where required
- Excellent communication and written skills (must)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with various stakeholders throughout the business providing exceptional customer service at all times.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: $45/hour+Super depending on skills and experience
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Carina Piccinin on +61 2 8221 8106