- Join a Growing Business in Financial Services
- Competitive Salary $70k+ Super
- CPA Support & Mentoring
An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and dedicated Payroll/Assistant Accountant within a growing company in the Financial Services industry.
The position is based in Sydney’s CBD and would ideally suit someone with strong end to end payroll experience on Micropay Meridian who has also had exposure to reconciliations, posting journals and month end processes ideally through Accpac.
The position reports directly to the Financial Controller and the responsibilities include:
- Maintain and process end to end payroll monthly for 100+Staff across Australia
- Process terminations, maternity leave & annual leave payroll
- Prepare, balance & reconcile payroll, PAYG, FBT, Payroll Tax, Worker’s Comp, Superannuation and other associated payroll generated payments
- Complete monthly reporting e.g. headcount, Annual Leave entitlements, and other payroll related reports as directed.
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Manage month end processes
- Journal preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations, P&L & variance analysis
- Assist with audit
The right person for the role will have:
- 3+ years experience processing payroll or in an All-rounder position
- Part Qualified or Nearly Qualified CPA/CA
- Highly desirable Micropay Meridian + Accpac
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exceptional communication both written and spoken
- Be passionate, positive and an excellent team player
The benefit for you?
- The chance to work with a friendly and supportive team
- CPA Study Support & Mentoring
- Career progression opportunities – this role will be trained and promoted to Senior Accountant
- A competitive salary at $70k + super + a discretionary bonus
- Company benefits
This role is immediately available so if you are interested in the position please send through your CV to the link provided. For any additional questions, please call Lucy Milenkovic in the Sydney office on 02 8233 2854.
Unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.