Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Light City Buses are seeking an Operations Supervisor for the St Agnes Depot. This position will achieve agreed objectives concerning operating efficiency and serviceability, as well as ensuring that costs are controlled. Liaising with employees and customers to ensure our quality of service is maintained at the highest level.
- Seek and identify opportunities that will contribute to the safety, operational and financial performance of the contract.
- Overseeing shift work rosters including weekends and public holidays.
- Prepare monthly and adhoc reports to the Operations Manager.
- Supervising the allocation of Bus Operators to vehicles and routes on a daily basis.
- Working with all Bus Operators to ensure all customers are serviced as per the routes in a manner fulfilling the customer’s requirements.
- Review direct teams performance and implement appropriate training and development plans.
- Ensuring all direct reports are complying with all legislation concerning OHS, Environment and Traffic Safety, as well as Company policies and procedures while at work.
- Ensuring all Bus Operators are carrying out daily inspections of their vehicle/s including defecting faults as required.
- Liaising with the workshop or subcontractors to ensure all Company property including the depot, equipment and vehicles are kept up to the standard needed for safe efficient operation.
- Dealing with customer complaints and service audit reports in a timely manner with the intent to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working with all Bus Drivers to ensure their paperwork relating to their duties is completed accurately and in a timely manner (i.e. timesheets, incident reports, and hazard reports).
- Investigating and report on vehicle accidents and personal injury within the workplace using but not limited to root cause analysis and 5 whys techniques.
- Assist to manage Industrial relations, including the negotiation of collective agreements and daily IR issues.
- Drive a culture of delivering customer and shareholder value
- Carry out all work activities upholding the Company values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Collaboration and Challenge.
- Actively participate in the Performance and Development Review process.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- The role may require some travel from time to time and flexibility around working hours in order to meet contract requirements.
Key Experiences & Skills
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in leading teams.
- Developed analytical skills including problem solving & decision making.
- Reasonably developed mechanical aptitude.
- Experience within the transport industry desirable.
- Experience within the buses industry desirable.
- Leadership/ team work capabilities.
- Knowledge of OH&S and environmental legislations.
- Demonstrate written communication and IT skills (MS Office, Operational Databases)
- Demonstrated management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 84691