Our breathtaking Hamilton Island Marina is seeking a Marina Coordinator to join their team.
About the role:
- Assist in account keeping for the Hamilton Island Marina and Boatyard Office.
- Assist with customer enquiries for berthing and account matters.
- Responsible for assisting in the operations of the Marina and Boatyard Department through office administration.
- Respond to all general enquiries and complaints in a pleasant and efficient manner, taking positive action to ensure maximum guest satisfaction
- Assist in Marina and Boatyard account keeping, invoicing, stock control and ordering
- Assist in office administration matters required by the Marina Manager and the General Manager
- Ensure month end accounting is completed on time and forwarded to the Sydney Finance Department
- Maintain effective channels of communication through attending departmental briefings and employee meetings, ensuring all relevant information is passed between the appropriate parties
- Perform emergency and volunteer work associated with the safety of staff and guests and the cleanliness of the island, as required
- Liaise with the Marina and Boatyard employees to ensure all the boats fees are collected
- Train new staff
- Carry out any additional work as required from time to time by the Marina Manager
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent (Essential)
- Queensland open / unrestricted drivers licence (Essential)
- Accounts experience and experience in Stock Control (Essential)
- Marine operations background (Essential)
Culture and Benefits:
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers