Get new similar jobs by email for
Manager, Built Assets
The National Capital Authority (NCA) is seeking a highly motivated, organised and experienced person for the role of Manager, Built Assets. Managing a small team the position will coordinate the NCA built assets and infrastructure maintenance and minor capital works program, including the procurement, management and administration of contracts. Duties include:
Under broad direction:
1. Coordinate the National Capital Authority`s (NCA) built assets and infrastructure maintenance and minor capital works program, including the procurement, management and administration of contracts for maintaining and operating buildings, roads, bridges, carparks, paths, lighting and memorials consistent with NCA statutory and policy requirements.
2. Supervise and manage the NCA`s Built Assets team to achieve high quality asset maintenance, repairs and operations within budget and time constraints.
3. Manage competing priorities and report on project quality, cost, timing and outcomes.
4. Develop short and long term strategic work plans and preparation of budgets, briefs and reports to support Estate Branch works. Report on project quality, cost, timing and outcomes.
5. Support the administration and development of the NCA`s asset management system and contribute to business improvement.
6. Liaise, interact and cooperatively work with other government agencies, internal and external stakeholders.
7. Provide strategic input and technical advice based on industry/ professional knowledge and experience.
8. Participate as a constructive member of the National Capital Estate Branch and provide support to the Branch with other corporate reporting and advisory functions.
1. Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction or a related field and/or significant relevant experience is mandatory.
2. Practical experience in built asset maintenance and operations, including procurement and contract management and administration.
3. Practical experience in civil works management or design and construction related fields would be an advantage.
To be eligible to work with the NCA you must:
• be an Australian citizen
• be willing to undergo a medical examination if applicable
• undertake a security assessment to the requisite standard
• have completed the `redundancy benefit period` if you received a redundancy benefit from an Australian Public Service (APS) agency or a non-APS Commonwealth employer.
Before submitting your application you must obtain the selection criteria from our website at www.nca.gov.au The contact officer can provide further information about the duties of the position if required.